Friday, July 30, 2010
Yesterday I went to the salon and I did it. I chopped off ALL of my hair. My haircut is definately shorter than I had wanted to go and I am going to have to get used to it, but good news is I don't hate it. I didn't leave the salon and cry! LOL! I actually like it. I think I will like it more once it grows out just a little bit, but all in all I am happy. It was a whole new experience washing it in the shower this morning. I feel almost bald. I am happy that, shower included, it only took me 45 minutes to get ready this morning. Shower, hair and makeup. If I had performed that routine with my old hairstyle it would have been almost 2 hours of getting ready. I must say it was kind of nice. :)
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
it never fails. After every baby I get ancy and do something different to my hair or my overall look to feel better about myself again. It usually comes within a few months after the baby is born, this time it took longer. I didn't mind all the sacrifices this time around, not that I really minded them before, but the were welcomed this time. My baby girl is 8 1/2 months old now and I need to do something. Usually I drop the baby weight pretty quickly, but this time I am struggling with losing anything. I still weigh what I weighed when I left the hospital with my Peanut. My husband tells me everyday how beautiful I am and how much he loves me, but I don't feel beautiful and right now I don't so much love me. My hair is long, way too long and plain. It is hard to manage so I just throw it inot a ponytail everyday. I don't see how my husband finds me beautiful when most days I am unkept. My hair is NEVER done because it would take over an hour just to do it and I don't have that time and I don't ever do my make up because I don't feel put together with a ponytail. I know it's all probably silly, but it's where I am at right now. I have been looking at hairstyles online and I have found a couple that I really like, but they are a HUGE change from where I am now. I don't know if I have the guts to do it, but I sure would like to. I have until Thursday to decide because that's when my hair appointment is. HMMMM....what to do, what to do.
Monday, July 19, 2010
- You have a total of 4 teeth now.
- You say Dada with intention on getting daddy's attention and you say Mama when you want mommy.
- While standing up you will let go of whatever you are holding onto and continue to stand pretty solidly for a few seconds before falling down.
- You have a lion that you can push across the room and you love walking back and forth across the living room with it.
- You give the sweetest open mouth kisses!
- You are going through stranger danger big time. Anyone you don't know talks to you and you cry.
- If anyone walks out of the room, no matter who is still in the room with you, you cry.
- You clap your hands and say "Yaaaaayyyy". It is so stinkin' cute.
- Your sister looked at you the other day and tilted her head to the side and you copied her. We all love getting you to do it over and over because it is so cute.
- You LOVE the shower. Most of all you like to sit in the shower directly under the water so that it is running down over your head.
- You will sit up on your knees and sometimes have one knee down and one foot on the ground. Almost like you are going to just stand up.
- When we turn on the music and brother starts to dance so do you.
You are growing and learning so quickly. It is such a joy to watch you. We love you Peanut!!