Tuesday, January 18, 2011

12 Years Ago Today...

I was blessed with my second little girl.  I went into labor at 10:30 the night before and went to the hospital around 1:00 a.m.  After being monitored for a couple of hours or so the nurse said that she called my doctor and he said to go ahead and send me home because I still had at least 16 more hours of labor.  I guess she thought she could see into the future, lol.  I pleaded with her to listen to me because this wasn't my first labor and I know how my body is and it's going to take a turn and it will be a quick one.  She still insisted that I go home, so I did.  We got back home around 3:30 a.m. and Skyler's dad went back to bed.  I tried to get comfortable, but I just couldn't.  I got up to go to the bathroom just before 4:00 a.m. and when I came back I told Skyler's dad to get his shoes on because we needed to go back to the hospital, but by the time he had his shoes on it was clear we weren't going anywhere.  I asked him to call 911 and he thought I was joking at first.  Once he realized I wasn't laughing he quickly dialed 911.  Little Ms. Skyler made her arrival at 4:16 a.m.  The paramedics arrived about 15 minutes later and took us to the hospital in an ambulance.  God was definitely watching over us that day. 


Today Skyler is healthy, beautiful, funny and an absolute joy.  To this day she still does things in her own timing.  I love you baby girl.  Happy 12th birthday Sky Pie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment