Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jeffrey Dale Drake Sr. 03-20-73 - 05-20-09

It's been 1 year since my good friend Jeff passed away.  It is still so hard to believe that he is gone.  He left behind a wife and 3 children.  Some days I miss him so much and others I am so angry with him for leaving.  Now I understand that most people don't choose when they die, that is in God's hands, but I do believe that we play a hand in our time on this earth.  Jeff was an alcoholic.  He died because his liver failed and then the rest of his organs followed suit.  Jeff knew for a couple of years before he died that something wasn't right with his body. He knew deep inside that there was something wrong with his liver due to his excessive drinking.  He refused to go to the doctor because he knew they would tell him to stop drinking, he also refused to stop drinking.  I believe that his desease was bigger than he was, but I still get angry at him for not putting his wife and kids first.  His drinking aside he was a good man and he loved his wife and his kids.  I guess that makes it even harder for me to understand.  I saw how much he loved his family!  Well what's done is done.  Today I will remember my friend and the good things about him.  I love and miss you JD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment