Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Zayna is 14!!

WOW...I cannot believe that I have a 14 year old.  This year has definately flown by too quickly.  Your birthday was Friday, but I have been so busy that I am just now getting around to blog about it.  Well Zayna, I don't really know where to begin.  We are a year into the teen years and as blessed and thankful as I am to have you as my daughter...you definately are a teenager.  Some days are really hard and I find myself wishing for the easy days of toddler hood.  You are growing into a young woman with your own thoughts and ideas and those thoughts and ideas are not mine.  I am so scared for what life will bring your way due to your choices sometimes, but I know that you are a smart girl and you are strong, you will handle it.  I too made my own decisions that I know my parents shook their heads at and asked themselves why.  You are a very sweet and loving girl.  You have a good heart and you love your family.  You have a tendancy to be a tad lazy when it comes to your academics, but hopefully that will change as you enter high school.  As your mom I want what is best for you and sometimes what I think is best for you and what you think is best for you are two very different things.  I know that you will grow into a loving and successful adult because your dad and I continue to guide you on that path, but God help me keep my sanity some days because you sure can put up a fight.  I love you #1 and you truly are a blessing in my life!!  I love your spunk and I am happy that you have enough in you to fight what you feel is right for you.  I guess maybe as your mom I am having some trouble letting go as you grow up.  Well happy 14th baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment